2013

The Red-tailed Hawk family has succeed in having two eyas. Very hard to see them but I can hear them and see them flapping around high in the nest.

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Still on the nest - Humid and too much noise below the nest June 23, 2009



Stopped in at the nest today with Jen. The noise from below is very loud. Only one of the 3 eyas was out on the branch - the other 2 were in the nest. (In the past weeks the 2 eyas have been really active and 1 always hiding in the nest) You have cars honking and lots of activity right below the nest. (Strike activity) I don't know if this is affecting the hawks but they are less active. Where normally in the late day they are flapping and jumping on the branches they just sit there looking around. Also I have not seen the parents coming into the nest during the day. I am sure that the male and female arrive as soon as all the people leave at 7pm. I guess time will tell.