2013

The Red-tailed Hawk family has succeed in having two eyas. Very hard to see them but I can hear them and see them flapping around high in the nest.

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

July 1, 2009 2 Eyas flying all over the place, Male bring in food

Love this shot of the eyas- underneath it says no parking -

Eyas just chilling

Youngest eyas still in nest - I have asked a couple of people about the fact he has not left the nest yet and they have said not to worry - he may have been late being born

Supper is served

Landing of the eyas

Male with food

Stopped by this morning and my first sight of 2 eyas was one sleeping on the wall of the parking garage and the other on the fence. I have photos I will put up later. Shortly after there was a lot of crying going on. All 3 were hungry (by the way one is still in the nest and not flying) and the male red-tail came flying in the area. The 2 eyas were on the chase to catch the male. He had the 2 flying all around the parking lot chasing him. He finally dropped the food at the nest and eventually left it there (bird of some type). When I left 2 on the nest were busy eating. One was still in another tree crying.

Photos to come